Diversity statement of commitment
We see it as our responsibility to ensure that every member of our diverse community, including our employees, feels safe, valued, represented and appropriately supported to co-design, deliver, access, monitor and evaluate our programs and spaces. We commit to achieve this by including, listening to, and respecting all, and acting with honesty, transparency and trust.
Open Minds actively encourages inclusivity by having working groups with diversity in minds, such as: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people (A&TSI) and Lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and/or intersex people (LGBTI+). We also provide staff with training and awareness in these areas.
Our employee working groups:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people (A&TSI)
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and/or intersex people (LGBTI+)
We also hold social groups for our clients who identify as LGBTI.
Open Minds commits to:
- Promote and advocate for changes within our organisation
- Develop our understanding of how best to work with these communities
- Design pathways to walk and work together
- Grow positive outcomes for all of our communities