What are the Queensland Mental Health Week Achievement Awards?
The Queensland Mental Health Week Achievement Awards recognise and celebrate the achievements of individuals, groups and organisations working tirelessly to reduce stigma and support and empower those living with mental illness. The 2018 nominations are now closed, if you want to submit a nomination for the 2019 Awards, contact us on email@example.com.
When are the Awards presented?
The awards are presented at a breakfast ceremony on Friday 12th October in Brisbane, at the Ithaca Auditorium, City Hall, from 7:30am - 10:00am. There are 10 award categories, and winners receive an engraved trophy and framed certificate. The overall winner recieves the Earle Duus overarching award, which includes a $4,000 prize to continue their great work in the mental health sector.
Can I nominate?
You can nominate yourself or your organisation for an award if you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Demonstrates respect, compassion and care towards people who live with mental illness, and their families and/or carers
- Works to enhance the quality of life and wellbeing of people who live with mental illness
- Promotes social justice and raise mental health awareness in the community
- Demonstrates qualities of leadership, vision and innovation
- Promotes positive attitudes towards people with mental illness, their families and carers
- Delivers best practice services for people who live with mental illness
- Demonstrates effective collaboration and consultation with consumers, their families and/or carers and other relevant agencies
Interested in finding out who our 2017 finalists and winners were? Read about their impressive achievements here.
How do I nominate for an award?
If you or a person or organisation you know have worked to support and empower those with mental illness, then you can nominate for one of our prestigious awards.
Nominations for the 2018 Awards have closed, and winners will be announced at the ceremony on Friday 12 October. You can submit a nomination for the 2019 Awards at any time though, by downloading a nomination prospectus below and emailing it to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I sponsor an award?
This event brings together over 200 industry professionals from across Queensland. Show your support for the achievements of mental health heroes by sponsoring the event or one of the award categories.
Download a sponsorship prospectus by clicking the link below.