Each of us knows someone who lives with a mental illness, disability or brain injury.
Open Minds supports Queenslanders to be encouraged and empowered to make the most of their lives, in their own way.
Support from us ripples through the community. We enable opportunities for people to actively participate in their community, through education, training and employment. We support people to live independently in accommodation settings of their choice. We work alongside people to help them develop and strengthen social networks and to feel included in their community. Our support enables people to live a rewarding and fulfilling life. A life not defined by illness, disability or injury. A life we all deserve.
Good mental health is vital for a healthy community. Getting involved with Open Minds will ensure we can continue to provide our support services to those in need
You can make a difference
We rely on the generous support of individual donors, our partners and government so that we can help people to:
- Build life skills (shopping, cooking, budgeting and using public transport)
- Find suitable accommodation and a place to call home
- Join in social activities, sport and to get the most out of life
- Build job skills to secure and maintain employment
- Reconnect with family and friends
- Take part in personal development and education courses.
There is so much important and exciting work to be done, however much more than we can achieve on our own and we are asking you for your assistance.
Our Fundraising Brochure is also available for download.