Open Minds is a non-profit, disability and community mental health support organisation based in Brisbane and supporting the Queensland community for 100 years.
Open Minds recognises being able to take control over one’s life and having the opportunity to set goals, plan ahead and develop skills is important to all of us and is often the beginning of the recovery and rehabilitation journey for many people.
We recognise that as a service provider, we have an obligation to ensure that our programs support people to take these steps in a safe and inclusive environment.
Our staff are dedicated to providing quality, expert support to individuals and their families to enable them to live independently and well within the community.
Open Minds is based in Woolloongabba with offices in Ipswich, Caboolture, Capalaba, Logan and the Gold Coast.
Our Mission and Purpose
Open Minds supports people with mental illness, disability or acquired brain injury to live independently and well within the community.
Open Minds vision is for an inclusive Australian community where every person has the right to live a life of choice, fulfilment and participation.
- Mutual respect
- Empowerment and Self-determination
- Hope, Patience and Persistence
- Flexibility, Courage and Innovation
Our Service Principles
- Client Focus
- Client Focus: Ensuring services are relevant and effective
- Growth through Flexibility, Responsiveness and Innovation: Open Minds toward the future
- Organisational Capacity, Development and Leadership: The right people and resources, in the right place, at the right time
- Community Engagement and Awareness: Spreading the word and gaining support
- Relationships and Partnerships: Capacity through collaboration