What is Chime?
Connectedness, Hope, Identity, Meaningfulness and Empowerment (Chime)– based on these principles Chime supports you along your personal and unique path to recovery. Chime services are provided by Open Minds, United Synergies, Suncare and Care Connect on the Sunshine Coast.
Chime allows you to build the skills you need to better navigate your way around the community, giving you the support to increase your independence and connectedness.
If you live with a mental illness and are involved with Specialised Mental Health Services, you and your family can access one-on-one support through our direct support services. Chime provides you with the tools to meet new people, build independence and the confidence to determine your future and manage your lifestyle and wellbeing.
Chime for You
What is recovery?
"Being able to create and live a meaningful and contributing life in a community of choice with or without the presence of mental health issues."
Recovery is unique to each person. It is something worked towards and experienced by the person living with a mental illness.
Chime works in partnership with the individual, their family and carers and all other service providers including clinical services and housing providers so each individual receives the support they need throughout their recovery journey.
Chime services work within a recovery-orientated framework, following the principles of Connectedness, Hope, Identity, Meaningfulness & Empowerment.
Who can receive support through CHIME?
To be eligible for Chime, applicants must:
- Live with severe and persistent mental illness and receive a service from a specialised mental health service or private psychiatrist
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Live in Queensland
- Be an inpatient of a Queensland Mental Health Facility and unable to be discharged due to homelessness or risk of homelessness
- Be ready and willing to provide consent for support services
How does CHIME work?
- Chime prioritises people that are involved with Specialised Mental Health Services
- Referral to Chime is made by the public Mental Health Services with your consent through the 139chime service
- A chime service staff member will contact individuals to arrange to meet to confirm eligibility and develop a recovery plan
- Chime can also assist you in your transition from hospital or to continue to live in the community
For Professionals - Chime for my Clients
What are the benefits for clinical services?
- Chime provides support for individuals to remain in the community & prevent admission to hospital.
- Chime will work with individuals to meet their non-clinical needs therefore building capacity of the clinical services to meet client’s clinical needs
- Chime aims to create a true partnership of recovery across all services
- Chime delivers services determined and led by the client
- Chime will develop a shared care plan with clinical services and the client to maximise independence and self-management in the community
- Chime will measure outcomes for clients and provide support that provides targeted services for clients living with mental illness
To contact us at Open Minds, call 07 5348 9100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org